Monday, October 3, 2011

Intoxication Hitchhiker by Tim Kizer


Intoxication
Hitchhiker
By: Tim Kizer

I have never done a book review on a novelette before, so this is a first for me.
A novelette is a work of fiction that is longer than a short story, but shorter than a novel or novella. So, as fiction goes, the classification runs from shortest to longest: short story, novelette, novella and then novel.
Now that the classification distinction is out of the way, the novelette that I am reviewing is entitled “Intoxication Hitchhiker : As the Darkness Falls Series,” and is approximately 10,000 words.
This novelette is available on Amazon.com and sells for 99 cents. Included in novelette are two separate stories: Intoxication and Hitchhiker.
I will review each of these separately here.
Intoxication is a story that begins with the main character, Leslie inadvertently escaping being poisoned. A cup of coffee was brought to her at work. Instead of Leslie drinking the coffee, a friend of hers drinks it and soon begins to feel the effects of being poisoned. The rest of the story is devoted to Leslie investigating the attempted poisoning.
This story could be considered a fiction thriller. The plot is good. The writing is good. However, at the first of the story the author uses lengthy sentences that would have been better had they been shorter. This tends to straighten out and flow better as the story progresses.
I give this story 2 1/2 stars. Given better sentence structure at the start, I would give it 3 stars.
The next story is Hitchhiker. I loved this story. This had a great, ironic plot about a hitchhiker and the man who picks him up. This story is full of suspense. I would reveal more about the plot but I don’t want to give anything away. I give it 4 stars.
This novelette is written by Tim Kizer. He is obviously a talented writer. I look forward to reading more of his coming work.
Altogether, I assign this novelette 3 ¼ stars.


Note: This novelette was provided to me free of charge by the author in exchange for a review. No promises of a favorable review were made by me.


To order a copy of this book, click on the link:


copyright 2011 by Kathy Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment