Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Having Fun With Burned Biscuits.......




“You will be late to your own funeral!“ I have been told that more times than I can count. Here is how I respond. “I sure don’t want to be early!“ Ha!

Have you ever cooked biscuits? Ever burned them? I have. But not regularly. Usually, my biscuits come out O.K. I can’t say that about everything that I do.

A morning
Christian radio show recently featured a cute segment called “burned biscuits.” This wasn’t just about burned biscuits. It was about making mistakes. Some people routinely burn biscuits. Others repeatedly make other kinds of mistakes. Hopefully, we can overlook our own mistakes. Our loved ones can hopefully overlook our mistakes as well.

People from all walks of life called in that morning to tell their own burned biscuit stories. Many were funny. The best thing about it, was that it gave us a chance to laugh at our shortcomings.

So, here is my burned biscuit story. I have a tendency to be late everywhere. My mom says that it started when I was due to be born, but was a month late and went from there. I heard someone talking about a friend of mine and she said, “Jane thinks that a clock is just a suggestion!” And I remember thinking, “so… what is wrong with that?”

I admit it. I am late almost everywhere. But in my defense I will say that once I arrive, I usually engage passionately in any endeavor.

Tardiness isn’t my only burned biscuit. But it is the easiest to share.

What is your burned biscuit? Please leave a comment, or if you write a blog, write your own burned biscuit story and link back to this article. Let’s have fun with burned biscuits!


copyright 2011 by Kathy Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment