Monday, September 5, 2011

Re:Treat; Re Treat; ReTweet; and Retreat

OK, so I don’t usually do this, but just this once I will make an exception. It is a contest for a weekend at Laity Lodge retreat center for a writer’s retreat. To be entered into the contest for a drawing, I have to write a blog post about why I need to be included in this writer’s retreat. The winner of the drawing gets free accommodations at the retreat center plus travel expenses.

Laity Lodge is a highly desirable location located in Leakey, Texas. It is an outstanding retreat center for Christians. For more information, visit
http://www.laitylodge.org/writers-retreat-ii/.

As a Christian writer, I have a burning desire to attend one of these writer’s retreats to network with other writers and editors. This would be a rare opportunity to learn new techniques and concepts for keeping fresh ideas that I can convert into unique, inspiring copy.

I would be challenged in new ways to stretch my mind and heart; to grow; to improve myself; to learn; to commune with God in an unique setting away from the normal cares of this world.

I believe that we are here to commune with God. I believe that we are here to grow. I believe that we have a spiritual mandate to accomplish these tasks during this short time on earth. We are called to be the hands and feet of Christ to help to facilitate this growth for others; to help to bring to fruition that which God has ordained. This retreat would help me to improve toward those ends.


copyright 2011 by Kathy Robbins

22 comments:

  1. Kathy
    What a joy you will be at the retreat.
    Heartfelt congratulations.
    May your life be changed

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Thank you David!!!
    Praise God from whom ALL Blessings Flow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,

    Look forward to meeting you at the retreat!

    Gordon Atkinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Gordon. I look forward to meeting you as well! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just heard the news that you were selected as the winner! Congrats! I look forward to meeting you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kathy! I look forward to meeting you in Texas in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Kathy! Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Kathy! May you be blessed and a blessing in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, congratulations, and...see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Kathy! This will be my first writer's retreat too. I'm looking forward to meeting you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Watch out for the poppy seed bread; it's addictive. So are the lazy afternoons down at the dock. Oh, and were we supposed to be there to write? That might happen too. :)

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. L. L. forgot about the praline cookies. To. Die. For!

    Such an amazing time in store. Praying for God's provision in every detail as you make preparation to leave. And for the continuation of the good work He began in you.

    See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations. Laity Lodge is holy ground. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dan King, I look forward to meeting you as well. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cas, I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly, Thank you. I look forward to meeting you as well!
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beth, Thanks for the blessing. I look forward to meeting you!
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ann, Thank you and see you there as well. I can't wait!
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandra, Thanks for letting me know that I won't be the only one at my first writer's retreat! I look forward to meeting you.
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. L.L. It is good to hear from you. I can tell who the class clown is in the group! Ha! I look forward to meeting you, the poppy-seed bread and the dock.
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cheryl,
    I look forward to meeting you. I will pray as I prepare for this unbelievable opportunity.
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jennifer, Thank you for the congratulations. I look forward to the weekend with all of you. You have all been so incredibly gracious. Thank you.
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete