Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blogging one year

Usually, a blogger writes about what a wonderful year they have had in their first year of blogging on their blog anniversary. I missed mine on April 30, 2012, so let’s count this post as that one year anniversary blogging post.

Many writers drop out in their first year, because they become busy with other things in life. Seriously, most of the other bloggers that I started following over one year ago are no longer blogging. I don’t know the specific reasons. I would imagine that they run the gamut. Some do a farewell post, while others seem to just fade away, with a post less and less often until finally, there is no new post.

I have enjoyed my first year and the positive feedback that I have received. I was always curious when that feedback would get negative, if ever. Most of the people that I know that have written for any long period of time have received some negativity; especially book authors. But I haven’t ---not until yesterday, that is.

Yesterday, I received an angry email from an individual who heard that I had smeared his name. If I would have been him, I would have been angry too. The story that was related to me that he heard was not the actual story. At best, it was like the telephone game in which the final statement is not the one that was originally spoken. At the worst, my blog was reduced to gossip.  SHRIEK!!!!!!! The NERVE of SOME PEOPLE!!! I say that, somewhat frustrated, and yet somewhat amused.

The good news is that someone was talking about my blog. This means two things: Number one, that while the individual was bad-mouthing me, he or she was letting someone else rest. Number two, someone is reading  what I write. I am not writing in vain. Happiness abounds!
The better news is that the person to whom the blog was related came to me and let me know what he had heard. That gave me a chance to respond. In the end, I challenged him to actually read for himself, which he ultimately did. He then responded more calmly and constructively.

The best news is that I am seeing visible reactions. People are being provoked into action. I was comforted when I received a message on my facebook page asking about the family that was the subject of my recent post, One Family’s Story. The message was from the head of a local food bank at a church here in town. She wanted to know if she could bring food to the family, since they did not have a car. I was able to contact the family, and ask. They were delighted at the offer and I was able to connect the two. The delivery was made. The family was blessed in a powerful way. I am so humbled and honored to have been part of this process. I am honored that someone read, someone cared, and someone acted. To see tangible action as a result of one’s writings, is the best honor that can be received. To see people blessing one another is to see the face of God himself.

This whole blogging enterprise has been a blessing. Thank you for reading.

Amen.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Thanksgiving Challenge and Joy Dare:

Today, I am Thankful for:

287. Connections that bless.
288. Being part of the body of Christ all over the world, joined in unison with those who have come before and those who will follow.
289. A new month.
290. Anti. biotics.
291. Paying it forward.
292. New blogs.
293. Old blogs.
294. In-between aged blogs.
295. People who repeat a story and get it right.
296. Grace-filled friends like Sharon and Michelle.
297. Worn out tennis shoes.
298. Punctuation.
299. Punctuality.
300. The fervent prayers of a righteous man.






copyright 2012 by Kathy Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment