Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mexican Spinach Dip and Queso


I had the pleasure of attending an Emmaus meeting in Austin, Texas on Thursday night. After the meeting and worship, we were treated to refreshments. As I made my way to a table of chip and dip, a lady standing behind a crock pot asked me if I would like spinach dip. I told her that I would love some. She dipped it out of her crockpot onto my plate. It was the best that I had ever had! I shared with her that I would love the recipe, and she was gracious enough to email it to me. Now, I would like to share it with you. Enjoy!



Mexican Spinach Dip
1 10 oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
½  white onion, chopped
1/8 to ¼ cup fresh or canned jalapeƱos, seeded, chopped
2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes (1 drained, 1 undrained)
12 ozs. Mexican cheese blend
1/3 cup sour cream
¼ teaspoon cumin or to taste
½ teaspoon chili powder or to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Turn into a baking or casserole dish.  Bake 30 minutes or until hot and
bubbly.  Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.

Here is a recipe that I got from a friend after tasting Queso at a Christmas Party for the Senior High Youth at my church. I have made this many times, especially during football games that I watched on TV. It is delicious!

Queso

1 pound of hamburger meat
2 cans of Ro-Tel Tomatoes
1 pound of Velveta

Brown hamburger meat and drain. Combine with one pound of Velveeta and 2 cans of Ro-Tel. Put on Medium heat. (Warm enough to melt the cheese). Stir regularly while heating. Keep on low heat, stirring regularly when serving on Tortilla  Chips or Fritos.


____________________________________________________________________________________

Thankfulness Challenge and Joy Dare:

Today, I am Thankful for:

48. Babies with healthy lungs.
49. Beautifully decorated tables for Valentine's Brunch.


copyright 2012 by Kathy Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment